Rights administered by the collective management organization are as follows:
- The right of public performance (music played or performed in discotheques, restaurants)
- The right of broadcasting (live and recorded performances on radio and television);
- The mechanical reproduction rights in musical works (the reproduction of works on CDs, tapes, vinyl records, cassettes, mini-discs, or other forms of recordings )
- The performing rights in dramatic works (theater plays);
- The right of reprographic reproduction of literary and musical works (photocopying);
- Related rights (the rights of performers and producers of phonograms to obtain remuneration for broadcasting or the communication to the public of phonograms).
According to the copyright Act,2002 AD performers shall have the following rights as follows:
- To make public communication of one’s own performance.
- To determine the modality of medium of performance
- To reproduce and distribute copies of the performance by sale or ownership transfer or rent
- To revise and amend the performance.
- To object the modification of the performance
- To broadcast the performance
- To mention the use of performance
Role of Performers Society of Nepal - PSN
- Signing working deeds agreement with performers (i.e. singers, actors, dancers, and musicians)
- Issuing license to users
- Collection of royalties from users
- Distribution of collected royalties to right holders
- Signing bilateral agreement with international related CMO’s
- Establishing relation with international organizations i.e. WIPO & SCAPR etc.